This Policy covers the website www.SleepMonsters.com and its operations, which are subject to English law.
SleepMonsters Ltd. is fully committed to protecting your personal information and conducts all its business in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 our data controller is Richard Brown. (To contact him please use the form at the foot of this page.)
SleepMonsters Ltd. collects and uses data in relation to the running of this website and this statement explains how it is gathered and used. (We reserve the right to update this Policy so please review it regularly as continued use of the website constitutes your agreement to any such updates.)
1. Collection of your Personal Information
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- 1.1 Details of visits to our website and the resources accessed. This data is strictly anonymous and cannot be personally attributed to you. It is collected via the Google Analytics service to provide us with visitor numbers and activity data.
- 1.2 Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you register for information, enter a competition or submit information.
- 1.3 Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
Personal information collected by SleepMonsters Ltd. is limited strictly to email contact details and some basic registration information such as nationality or gender.
We only collect the information needed to customise your use of the website and any communications with you. Wherever the provision of information is optional, this will be made clear.
If you are aged 16 or under you will need to get your parents' permission before providing us with your personal information.
2. Cookies and User Tracking
To enable the operation of the website we use temporary cookie files which are downloaded to your computer automatically.
These are active only while you are on the website and are deleted when you leave. They are used only to enable the operation of the website and do not collect any information about you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website or use some of its services.
3. How we use your information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- 3.1 To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services. To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- 3.2 To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- 3.3 To deal with your comment or query, and to contact you for more information regarding a comment or query you have made.
- 3.4 To arrange and deliver services or goods you have requested.
- 3.5 To deliver specific information you have requested, such as newsletters.
- 3.6 To deliver more general information on an ongoing basis, such as promotional materials and general updates relevant to you on SleepMonsters Ltd's activities and those of our partner organisations, if you so request.
- 3.7 To generate anonymous statistics to help us improve the services we offer to you. (These statistics will not include information that can identify you as an individual.)
- 3.8 To pre-populate forms and your viewing preferences on our website using information you have already provided, for your convenience and ease-of-use.
4. Storing your Personal Data
- 4.1 Data that is provided to us is stored on our servers and we make every reasonable effort to ensure it is secure.
- 4.2 The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
- 4.3 Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
5. Disclosing your Information
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties.
6. Access to Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know whether we hold information about you, and also to access that information and require it to be corrected if it is inaccurate.
To request access to your information, or if you wish to be removed from our database at any time, please contact our Database Administrator Richard Brown using the form at the foot of this page.
Anyone subscribing to receive information from SleepMonsters Ltd. can unsubscribe from receiving such information at any time, either by following the unsubscribe instructions sent with all electronic communications, or by e-mailing Richard Brown using the form at the foot of this page.
7. Contacting Us
We welcome any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this Policy.