Stay Cool And Protected This Summer With Smartwool
Press Release / 14.08.2018
Wool In Warm Weather
Summer is well and truly here in the UK and guess what; it's not going anywhere anytime soon! Staying cool and protected from UV rays is critical, and Smartwool have the perfect, lightweight Merino products to keep you comfortable whatever you're up to this summer!
About Smartwool Merino:
- Smartwool Merino is a dependable, naturally sourced, resilient and active fiber that keeps the body at its ideal temperature, it's especially effective in the summertime!
- Merino manages moisture better than cotton, is smarter than synthetics and is more comfortable in any weather condition. It's perfect on its own or as part of a layering system.
- Merino is breathable and naturally resists odor
- Merino wool doesn't itch like traditional wool
- Merino wool naturally protects against the suns harmful rays - Smartwool products have a minimum UPF of 20+ with many products rating 50+.
How Does It Work?
Thermoregulation through evaporative cooling:
- Smartwool Merino absorbs and releases moisture vapor before it turns into sweat to better manage the body's temperature regulation
- When perspiration occurs at a faster rate than moisture vapor can be transported, the Merino wool will mechanically move the sweat to keep the skin's surface as dry as possible
- This eliminates overheating, feeling damp and odor
- Cotton and synthetics don't move moisture in the vapor state – keeping it close to the skin, leaving a hot and damp feeling
Product Images (top to bottom):
Based in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, Smartwool is a 24-year-old apparel brand whose productsare inspired by living and playing in the mountains. All Smartwool® products come with a 100%Satisfaction Guarantee and are created to get the most out of the inherent benefits of Merino wool. For information on the full range of Smartwool® products or to find a dealer near you, please log on to www.smartwool.com. Smartwool, a division of VF Outdoor, LLC, is a brand of VF Corporation. For event and company updates, visit us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/smartwooleurope and Twitter: www.twitter.com/Smartwool
Adventure Racing Gear
like us on facebook
Adventure Racing Tags
Sea to Sea Expedition Race, GlobalLimits São Tomé - The Hemisphere Crossing -, Absa Cape Epic, Bike Buller Festival, Patagonia Raid, 2020 LEDLENSER WARTRAIL CHALLENGE PRESENTED BY FLUID KAYAKS, Otway Odyssey Presented By FOCUS, Open 5 Yorkshire Dales, Momentum Medical Scheme Tankwa Trek presented by Biogen, Kathmandu Coast to Coast, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, adventure racing, expedition racing, Adventure Racing World Series, Eco Challenge, Adventure Racing European Series
Calendar Coming Up
Pisgah Mountain Bike Stage Race, Nordic Destination stage race, Expedition Africa Lesotho 2020, Expedition Chauás Brasil 180KM, Annapurna Ultra 2020, Mickleham 2 hour MTBO Event, Mickleham 2 hour TRAIL Run, Mickleham 2 hour SHORT Adventure Race, Mickleham 4 hour LONG Adventure Race, POSTPONED D&W Peak District Trail Run Spring Series 2, CANCELLED - X-Adventure Dunsborough, POSTPONED - Jabulani Challenge Trail Run, Gaelforce 10K Bray Cliff Run, Quest Glendalough, Atlanta Adventure Challenge, Rat Race Ultra Tour of Arran, POSTPONED - Falklands Ultra, Canalathon 50km, Canalathon 50 miles, Red Bull Defiance New Zealand, Dragon Trail MTB - 3 Day Race Tasmanian Wilderness,